Monday, March 2, 2015

Holes

Who Am I?

This is a question that plagues me. I don't know who I am. While completing the blind drawings in class, I was just thinking about how much fun I was having. But when I took home the sketch Kyle did of me I was perplexed as to how to approach the assignment of identifying who we are and why we are here. I stared at the sketch. I turned the sketch and stared at it again. 


I was struggling. 

I then looked at what Kyle had written. "Tell me I'm Pretty!" How profound.

I am constantly craving the assurance of others to validate me. I'm insecure enough that I don't just want this constant assurance, I NEED it. 

Why Am I Here?

This is why I'm here.


I am riddled with the holes created by self doubt. I am here to start filling these holes.



 I can only become more skilled if I practice my craft

I can only be creative enough by establishing my personal creative strategies
(which I am working on in this class)

I can only be smart enough by continuing my education, both in school and in life. 

I can only give more if I give to myself first

I can only get thinner if I have discipline

I can only feel beautiful if I find the beauty in others.

I can only feel lovable by loving.

I can only be confident if I trust myself.

I can only discover my path if I take the first step



(Just because I liked my concept sketch better than the actual image, I'm going to share it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment