Monday, March 30, 2015

Tweet Tweet Little Robin

THE THEORY

The idea behind my project is to record my voice reciting my favorite poem. I will then take the audio file and create a digital image with the audio wave image. I will then play with it in Photoshop to create something. I want to print it out to create screen print on a canvas bag.

THE EXECUTION

Here is where I ran into issues. I hate to admit failure. But this time I'm going to have to throw in the towel, wave the white flag, beg mercy. I failed completely.

I made my audio recording...as best as I could with my crappy equipment will allow. I then tried to plug it into Encore. Tried being the operative word. I failed. So I tried to open the file with any program that would allow me to see the wave file. I failed with each and every one of them. I finally opened the file with AfterEffects and was able to see the sound file. It was totally not the file I wanted. I tried to screen shot it to put into Photoshop. It was such a bad image that I was not able to work with it.

I AM NOT DEFEATED!

I am not not going to let this set back get me down. By the end of this semester, I am going to figure out how to do what I want to do.

In theory, I would have had a final product that was completely different from the original. It would have gone from an audio to visual.

In theory, the lesson would have been that you can take inspiration from anywhere to create a visual work.

In reality, the lesson I learned is the pain of things not going as planned. I learned that I should have planned better. I WILL learn how to get the wave pattern from a sound file. I WILL learn how the merits of tenacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment