Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The First Class Take Away

Class Take Away 1

I have to admit that I had a mix of anticipation and anxiety about this class… and I still do.  I’m not an outgoing person.  I’m more of an introvert, though I’m working on being more comfortable in both groups and in one-on-one interactions.  I think this class just might aid me on my road to recovery so to speak.  That being said, I really enjoy being in a creative class. I was one of those weird people who enjoyed critics… not presenting my own projects but rather giving input about other’s works.  So this should be fun.  
My biggest take away from this first meeting is the idea of “fishbowling”.  I had never heard of fishbowling before but it sounds like a fantastic way to keep myself from being overwhelmed with the task of being “creative.”  I have a competitive personality in that I want my project to be better than my classmate’s.  In my quest to have the most original, most witty, or most creative, I tend to get overwhelmed by the possibilities.  I like the idea of creating my own fishbowl to help limit the distractions.  If I set my own limitations I can then focus on the details instead of adding more conditions.  I feel like I’m rambling.  It reminds me a little of a creative brief.  To best serve the client’s needs, one must figure out what the product is, who the audience is, their demographics, and the purpose.  Only by knowing these criteria can one design the proper…whatever you are designing. This is a form of fishbowling I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment