Friday, January 23, 2015

Color Your World

So the assignment was to color a page from our coloring book to reflect how we wish the world to be. Being me, I have to think deeply about how I want the world to be before I can even look in my coloring book to pick a page.  My first thought is COLOR! I want to surround myself with vibrant colors, like jewel tones: Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst, etc. My second thought was how I wish I lived in nature and not in a city.  And finally I thought about how much I crave a simple and loving life.

With that in mind I found a page in my book that was perfect! A page of trees.


The background is a sunset as that is one of my favorite times of day.  I could watch sunsets forever.  I love the way the water color pencils created a texture. The final product reminds me of a dream I once had where I was hiking at sunset through the mountains.  I can remember the feeling of peace and utter contentment. The trees were shimmery and incandescent, emitting a colorful glow leading me to my cabin.  I could never manage to recreate the beauty of the dream but I tried to capture the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment