Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Final Take Away


This last class was just another class it seemed. There were some good projects…some last minute projects…my project that didn’t turn out as well as I had planned in my head. I loved the puzzle, because all butts are great. I also liked the sketch book turned glitter bomb book. But I want to get back to ….

All Butts are Great


My insecurities make me feel like skinny people are judging me for being overweight. I could never know what someone else thinks about me or other “big kids.” But I project my judgement of myself onto the others. I’m uncomfortable in my own skin so how could anyone else be comfortable looking at me? But when I heard “all butts are great” coming from someone who does not look like she’s ever struggled with her weight, it makes me realize, I’m probably a harsher judge of myself than others are of me. People have their own problems and probably don’t give me a single thought.

Other than that…


I really enjoyed Eric’s capstone project. It really struck a chord with me. My mom is battling cancer and has been for 10 years. People are always asking how she’s doing, how I’m doing, how the family’s doing… and it is very easy to get annoyed with the question. But in taking a moment to think that others might be uncomfortable and yet genuinly concerned… it would make the annoyance seem less important.

No comments:

Post a Comment